Tags: drugs, freaking, health, medications, tommorow, transvaginal, ultrasound, women
freaking out about transvaginal ultrasound tommorow :(
I'm freaking out about it. Is it really terrible? I've asked before but I just need some reassurance!!
Leave a comment...
- 14 Comments
- I've had the procedure done before. Other than the compromising position you'll be in and the fact that ALL Dr's offices/labs/etc. seem to always be the coldest rooms on the planet, you'll be fine. I had no pain, no problem...Good luck!#1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:04:00 GMT
- I my first one a few weeks ago -- by surprise no less -- and it was a piece of cake. It felt like inserting a tampon and moving it around, like side to side, a little bit. Way easier than a pap.
You'll do fine!#2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:05:00 GMT
- I agree...it's a little bigger than a tampon and they move it around a bit to get good pictures, but it isn't painful. If your bladder needs to be full, that will be the worst discomfort for you. Just try to relax your muscles when they put it in and you'll be fine. I would tell you if it was painful because I'm a wimp when it comes to pain. A pap smear is way worse IMO. Good luck...let us know how it goes.#3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:06:00 GMT
- It doesn't hurt, maybe some pressure when they move it around inside but no pain at all. It's not a terrible experience at all! Nothing to be freaked out about.
Maybe your freaked out about the THOUGHT of IT being inside of you...but don't be. The tech will probably be a woman and they are very clinical about it...and that is how you need to think about it too. They are looking for something and it's a procedure that is not painful and not as evasive as you may think. And it is over pretty quickly.
Take a deep breath and don't THINK at all. Just close your eyes and relax. Then it's over. Good luck and God Bless!#4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:07:00 GMT
- I've had it done before also,and really,they do it all the time.#5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:08:00 GMT
- i had one this week and it was not really bad. they let yo uput the wand in yourself and dont worry they dont look in that area. it is rather clinical and i dont think men ever do them, always women techs.#6; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:09:00 GMT
- I had a man do mine, but a female was in the room. He was very gentle, told me everything he was doing, and kept asking if I was ok. I didn't hurt. I felt a little pressure now and then. The only part that sucks is that they can't tell you what they do or don't see. They have to give the results to the doctor.#7; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:10:00 GMT
- Wow..this is very interesting. My gyno always performs one as part of any exam or consult. He does it himself, angles the screen in such a way that we can both see it and explains everything that's on the screen -- even showed me an egg! Called it "a beauty" and said to make sure I use plenty of birth control over the next few days, lol, if I didn't want to be seeing him in a month for pregnancy.
Honestly, I was so fixed to the screen and listening to him when he was pointing stuff out, I didn't even notice the thing inside me.#8; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:11:00 GMT
- Don't Worry! The procedure is not painful but may feel uncomfortable because of the position you sit in and maybe cold. Least you're probably getting it done and over with now since today is tomorrow now lol.#9; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:12:00 GMT
- thanks everyone for sharing your experiences and giving me some courage!
I cant say it was the most comfortable thing I've ever had done to me- the tech was very nice though and told me she would stop right away if I told her I felt any pain. It was more a discomfort so whenever it got too horrible I just counted squares on the ceiling and tried to stay relaxed! I think I kind of zoned out because she asked me a few times if I was still alright!
At least it's done now.
thanks again everyone who replied
xoxo#10; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:13:00 GMT
- What is this transvaginal ultrasound for? not ever heard of it?#11; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:14:00 GMT
- i only had these done when pg but it never hurt and they don't push the device way up in you or anything. All they do is pretty much push it maybe in inch inside you and it really doesn't hurt.
There really is nothing to worry about.#12; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:15:00 GMT
- Transvaginal ultrasounds are used to see the uterus, tubes an dovaries as well as the bladder. I got the results of mine yesterday and I have a fibroid in my uterus, as well as a cyst on each ovary. The left cyst did not show up on CT scan. Now I am on birth control for one month to see if it will shrink them.#13; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:16:00 GMT
- hiya, i have had 2 this year. there not bad at all, just a little embarassing for me having someone put something up me and move it all around. but its nothing to be afraid off <hug>#14; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 22:17:00 GMT