Hi, just a question lol.
Ok so from a few friends, ive hear d that the first time putting a tampon in REALLY hrts... is that true? and the second question: when im old enough to get my pap smear, will he think that ive already lost my vvirginity? sorry, just a few questions lol
Leave a comment...
- 5 Comments
- If you are not completely relaxed, tampon insertion can be difficult. But it's far from excrutiating pain. More like discomfort.
The doctor may be able to tell whether or not you are a virgin, but it doesn't really matter. Your virginity (or lack thereof) isn't much of his concern. Of course, you do need to be honest with him/her and indicate whether you are being sexually active or not.#1; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:06:00 GMT
- It didn't hurt me any. Remember, you're in control of it, so stop if it hurts :) For your first time, you may want to try junior-sized tampons. You might also put a bit of Vaseline on the tip to help with insertion. Oh, and I find the type with the plastic applicator easier to insert than the dry cardboard ones. Aim the tampon at the small of your back, not straight up.
I agree with what the other person said about the doctor. They aren't there to make moral judgements. You should be honest with him or her about your sexual activity, though.#2; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:07:00 GMT
- I couldn't put in a tampon until after I lost my virginity. I had to wear pads instead. It seemed that no matter how thin the tampon was or no matter which kind of applicator I used I just couldn't get it in.
Now, it's much easier to insert. If you are feeling pain you just have to relax, once you get it past the first muscle it'll glide in smoothly. If you feel dry and can't get it in try using a lubricant (like KY Jelly or Astroglide).#3; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:08:00 GMT
- I had a really hard time the first few times I tried putting it in... What worked for me? I laid down on the floor with my knees bent apart, and inserted it that way. I found it relaxed my muscles, and it was much easier to find the natural angle of my vagina when I was laying down (aim for the small of your back). And don't worry if you have a hard time with it, a lot of people do. I tried to do it quite a few times before I actually got it in, comfortably!
Also, if you want to try a lubricant, I wouldn't use Vaseline -- try a waterbased lube like KY Jelly :)
- k#4; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:09:00 GMT
- I had lost my virginity when I started using them. I don't think it hurt, but even now a days sometimes I have trouble getting one in.
What does when you are old enough mean? If you are sexually active you need to start getting your yearly, unless you are extremely young.#5; Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:10:00 GMT