Tags: birth, control, drugs, fiance, health, medications, sex, unprotected, women
Here is a question. I recently have started birth ...
Here is a question. I recently have started birth control. Now my fiance and I were having sex unprotected for a year before I started it. Why did I not get pregnant? Could it be because I was not ovulating for almost 11 months? Because of my cycts, etc? Now my GYN said I could get pregnant because I am ovulating again, but I am confused on how we could have done that and nothing?
I know we were taking risks, but we knew what could have happened.
Leave a comment...
- 5 Comments
- Maybe your cysts could've stopped your ovulation. Did you have them removed? It's pretty hard to get pregnant I think...I mean there are really only a couple of days per month that you can get pregnant. Unless you were having sex everyday, you might have just missed the days that were possible for you to conceive. It took me a year to get pregnant when my husband and I first started trying, and I didn't have cysts or anything wrong. I guess you were lucky.#1; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:11:00 GMT
- Maybe he is shooting blanks.#2; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:12:00 GMT
- No, the dr. said he is fine, he is as fertile as anyone. So maybe we were just lucky.
My dr. told me that I was just lucky too, she said my ovaries, etc are fine.
Is it true that your fertility is like your mothers?
Cause if so, she had 9 !!!#3; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:13:00 GMT
- My husband an I relied on the "pull-out" method for about 4 years and didn't get pregnant. This worried me. I thought we wouldn't be able to get pregnant. Well, I got pregnant on the first try. You only have a 20-25% chance of getting pregnant each month. Your timing has to be perfect. We just considered ourselves lucky to not get pregnant.#4; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:14:00 GMT
- See that has been my worry. We both want children down the road, and I knew we were taking a chance, but I was worried when my P. never came and I never became pregnant, I had like 4 tests!
Blue_eyed_girl, hearing your story helps me relax and actually think, wow maybe we were just lucky, and it was not our time to have kids. We have definitely not been ready. We will be in the next year or two though :) I have just been worried that this night and day, day and night, and no one has been able to tell me anything from experience, not even many dr.s.
Also thank you Sr.Mom, I think part of the reason could have been the cysts, but they go away on their own usually. :)
Thank you to all whom responded!
Angel#5; Mon, 17 Dec 2007 12:16:00 GMT